Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Poem..

I took up my pen
to write a poem,
But on what??
It was a big problem.

Shall I write on nature.
with its greens and blues...?
It was a topic that was too common.

How about the world today?
But, Its something thats talked about
Almost everyday!

I'll write about my motherland..
I thought.
Making a decision;
But, oh! what do I write about?
It is in a state
of political confusion!.

I'll write of war and pain
I concluded,
Complete with blood and gore..
But, I found that the topic was
not to my liking after all!!.

How about the subjects
I learn about?
to tell you the truth..
there was nothing in them
I could write a poetry on!

And then it hit me,
like a ton of bricks,
to pen the confusion I was in!!

I dedicate this small attempt,
at a work of art,
To all those poets who wanted to write
But found nothing to write about!!!



These were some lines I had penned when I was 14!
Doesnt seem like my state of confusion has improved one wee bit!!
A lot of things seem so apt even today... the war part... theone about political confusion....
Maybe..just maybe we are in the matrix after all!!

1 comment: